Farm Fresh Eggs

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Beans

This years bean crop has been the most productive yet. We are three weeks into production so far and we have already canned 28 qts. I expect that we will have about 80 by the end of the growing season.


Having 4 kids to pick & snap has been key in keeping up. They hate every second of it and swear that after they move out they will never pick another bean as long as they live. Funny, I used to say the same thing when I was their age. I would dream about living a a little apartment with no wood to cut, no hay to bale and no vegetables to weed or pick. I did move away from farm life for short periods of time here and there when I was younger but I always seemed to end up right back where I started. I wouldn't last a week in an apartment of any kind today. The smell and the freedom of farm living is something I wouldn't give up for anything - and I'm sure the kids will feel the same way... someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment